PLEASE NOTE: this ASPA has elected to become inactive as of 2017. Over time the functions of the Teacher Retention ASPA have been taken up within the contextual areas of the other ASPAs. Please visit any of the other ASPAs for further information.
1. To gather data and provide a forum for discussing issues relating to retention, attrition, and turnover (relocation) of music educators
2. To disseminate this information with the ASPAs, throughout the profession, and to stake-holders in the hiring and mentoring of music educators.
goals for 2014
- Personal story/narrative teacher retention (case study)
- Work on the website to make it more resourceful for researchers, especially including research that might begin to help us synthesize the impact of teacher evaluation upon teacher
- Create a resource/and professional development for fine arts administrators