To survey best practices in school and university partnerships that promote a view of teacher education as a shared responsibility between P-12 and higher education. Learn more about this ASPA by listening to the following audio podcast:
- Research student musical achievement—as a means to gauge music teaching and learning
- Research the professional development of classroom teachers
- Seek and apply for grants and outside funding for development of and/or research pertaining to school-university partnerships
Projects in Progress
To propose new projects or lines of research related to the School/University Partnerships ASPA, please contact Ted Hoffman. If you are interested in participating in the ongoing projects described below, please contact the named project lead.
Completed Projects & Literature/Resources
To have literature and resources related to school/university partnerships included on this list, please contact Ted Hoffman.
- McClellan E. R. (2011). Socialization of undergraduate music education majors in a professional development partnership model. Bulletin Of The Council For Research In Music Education, (190), 35. doi: 10.5406/bulcouresmusedu.190.0035
- Burton, S. L., & Greher, G. G. (2011). School-university partnerships: Re-envisioning music teacher education: Foreword. Arts Education Policy Review, 112(3), 105-107. doi: 10.1080/10632913.2011.566071
- Abrahams, F. (2011). Nurturing preservice music teacher dispositions: Collaborating to connect practice, theory, and policy. Arts Education Policy Review, 112(3), 108-114. doi: 10.1080/10632913.2011.566076
- Kruse, N. N. (2011). Sociological perspectives of school-university partnerships: Contextual learning through three lenses. Arts Education Policy Review, 112(3), 115-121.doi: 10.1080/10632913.2011.566080
- Burton, S. L. (2011). Perspective consciousness and cultural relevancy: Partnership considerations for the re-conceptualization of music teacher preparation. Arts Education Policy Review, 112(3), 122-129. doi: 10.1080/10632913.2011.566082
- Greher, G. G. (2011). Music technology partnerships: A context for music teacher preparation. Arts Education Policy Review, 112(3), 130-136. doi: 10.1080/10632913.2011.566083
- Hunter, L. R. (2011). School-university partnerships: A means for the inclusion of policy studies in music teacher education. Arts Education Policy Review, 112(3), 137-143. doi: 10.1080/10632913.2011.566086
- Carlisle, K. (2011). Arts education partnerships: Informing policy through the development of culture and creativity within a collaborative project approach. Arts Education Policy Review, 112(3), 144-148. doi: 10.1080/10632913.2011.566088
- Brophy, T. S. (2011). School-university partnerships in music education: A status report. Arts Education Policy Review, 112(3), 149-153. doi: 10.1080/10632913.2011.566092
- Burton, S. L., & Greher, G. R. (2010). Research meets reality in school university partnerships: An analysis of two diverse school-university collaborations. In M. Schmidt (Ed.), Collaborative action for change: Selected proceedings of the 2007 Symposium on Music Teacher Education. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Burton, S. L., & Greher, G. R. (2007). School-university partnerships: What do we know and why do they matter? Arts Education Policy Review, 109(1), 13-24. doi: 10.3200/AEPR.109.1.13-24