Critical examination of curricula
Critically examine curricular practices and explore innovative changes that lead to relevant music learning experiences for all.
Learn more about this ASPA by listening to the following audio podcast:
Critical Examination of Curricula
Marshall Haning, University of Florida (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Brian Weidner, Butler University (email@example.com)
To join the Critical Examination of Curricula of ASPA Google Group (email list):
send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Register or login to your account on this site to add this group to your SMTE profile.
- Conduct ongoing content analysis of music teacher education curricula.
- Encourage scholarship that examines past curricular research & recommendations in order to identify structures for change.
- Encourage scholarship that investigates curricular practices & models based on evidence-based research that promotes relevant music experiences for all.
“Tipping Over: Selected Literature on Music Teacher Education Redesign, v. 2.” by Peter R. Webster & Mark Campbell
ASPA Wiki: curriculumaspa.fandom.com
SMTE 2017 – Click here to access the Google Doc for the ASPA working session.
- Critical Examination of the Curriculum ASPA note, March 31, 2012
- Critical Examination of the Curriculum ASPA note, September 12, 2009
- Westminster Center for Critical Pedagogy
- Check out the WCCP webpage!
- Please join the Westminster Center for Critical Pedagogy listserv. Send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.RIDER.EDU with “subscribe wccp-l” in the message. *Note that’s an L not the number 1*