2017 Symposium on Music Teacher Education
Imagining Possible Futures
September 7-9, 2017
GENERAL INFORMATION • OVERVIEW SCHEDULE (TBA) • DETAILED SCHEDULE (TBA)
LATEST 2017 SYMPOSIUM NEWS
- Proposal Submission for SMTE 2017 Now Closed
- Final Reminder – Deadline April 17 for SMTE 2017 Symposium Call for Proposals
- Reminder – Deadline April 17 for SMTE 2017 Symposium Call for Proposals
- 2017 Symposium on Music Teacher Education – Call for Proposals
- 2017 Symposium Location and Date Change: Minneapolis, MN, September 7-9
The Symposium will begin on Thursday evening, September 7, and close on Saturday evening, September 9. We encourage all participants to plan on attending the entire event. Additional information will be posted on the Overview Schedule and Detailed Schedule pages at the links above when available.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The proposal submission period is now closed. The following documents are provided for reference:
- Download the Call for Proposals here: SMTE_2017_Symposium_CallForProposals [PDF]
- Download the Proposal Submission Form here: SMTE_2017_Proposal_Submission_Form [DOC] – All proposal abstracts must be prepared on the submission form.
The proposal submission period for the 2017 Symposium on Music Teacher Education has now closed. Each primary author who submitted a proposal should have received an automated confirmation that included an assigned proposal number. If you did not receive a confirmation or experienced any technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. Primary proposal authors will be notified of the review decisions by June 17, 2017.
For questions about the proposal submission process please contact David Rickels, SMTE Communications Chair, email@example.com.
Registration for the 2017 Symposium will be available June 1, 2017.
For all registration questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodation information for the official conference hotel will be posted to this page when available.
April 17, 2017 11:59pm PDT: Call for proposals deadline
June 17, 2017: Notification of proposal decisions
August 1, 2017: Early Bird registration deadline
September 1, 2017: Registration cancellation deadline
September 7, 2017: Afternoon meeting for board members and ASPA facilitators
September 7-9, 2017: Symposium Events
September 10, 2017: Morning meeting for board members
Visit our event page on Facebook to connect with friends and colleagues.