2017 Symposium on Music Teacher Education
Imagining Possible Futures
September 7-9, 2017
GENERAL INFORMATION • OVERVIEW SCHEDULE • DETAILED SCHEDULE (TBA)
LATEST 2017 SYMPOSIUM NEWS
- SMTE Career Mentoring Workshops at 2017 Symposium
- 2017 Symposium Registration Now Open
- 2017 Symposium Overview Schedule Available
- SMTE 2017 Venue and Accommodations Information
- Proposal Decisions for 2017 Symposium Now Released
The Symposium will begin on Thursday evening, September 7, and close on Saturday evening, September 9. We encourage all participants to plan on attending the entire event. Visit the Overview Schedule page using the link above to view the general session outline. The Detailed Schedule will be added when available.
Registration for the 2017 Symposium is available online, with payment by credit card. Registration rates are as follows:
- Standard registration: $195 early bird by August 1st | $215 after August 1st to September 6th | $235 onsite from September 7th
- Full-time Student registration: $75 early bird by August 1st | $75 after August 1st to September 6th | $95 onsite from September 7th
Click here to open the online registration form.
(Please note: this link will open the registration form in a separate window. The online registration system is hosted by the UNCG Alumni Association.)
For all registration questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1001 Marquette Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55403
Visit the Booking Website here: https://aws.passkey.com/e/49001224
Guests are also able to make reservations over the phone by calling 1-888-933-5363 and referencing your group’s three-letter code, MTE.
GUESTROOM RATES (The group’s cutoff date for all reservations is 8/17/17):
- Room Single Rate $ 169.00
- Double Rate $ 169.00
- Triple Rate $ 189.00
- Quad Rate $ 209.00
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The proposal submission period is now closed. The following documents are provided for reference:
- Download the Call for Proposals here: SMTE_2017_Symposium_CallForProposals [PDF]
- Download the Proposal Submission Form here: SMTE_2017_Proposal_Submission_Form [DOC] – All proposal abstracts must be prepared on the submission form.
The proposal submission period for the 2017 Symposium on Music Teacher Education has now closed.
Primary proposal authors have been emailed a notification of the review decision on all proposals. If you did not receive a decision email, please contact email@example.com. For accepted proposals, please confirm your presentation by using the link included in your notification email, or click here for the online confirmation form.
For questions about the proposal submission process please contact David Rickels, SMTE Communications Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 17, 2017 11:59pm PDT: Call for proposals deadline
June 17, 2017: Notification of proposal decisions
August 1, 2017: Early Bird registration deadline
September 1, 2017: Registration cancellation deadline
September 7, 2017: Afternoon meeting for board members and ASPA facilitators
September 7-9, 2017: Symposium Events
September 10, 2017: Morning meeting for board members
Visit our event page on Facebook to connect with friends and colleagues.