To examine the assumptions on which the music teacher education curriculum is founded by analyzing current curricular practices and proposing new avenues for consideration.
Kyle Chandler, Co-Facilitator
Arkansas State University
Learn more about this ASPA by listening to the following audio podcast:
Register or login to your account on this site to add this group to your SMTE profile.
- Think broadly about curriculum tracks such as composition as 21st century trends of curriculum
- Examine online learning and related curriculum issues
- Expand the critical examination of curriculum beyond secondary education to include elementary education
- Critical Examination of the Curriculum ASPA note, September 12, 2009
- Critical Examination of the Curriculum ASPA note, March 31, 2012
- “Tipping Over: Selected Literature on Music Teacher Education Redesign, v. 2.” by Peter R. Webster & Mark Campbell