Critically examine curricular practices and explore innovative changes that lead to relevant music learning experiences for all.
Amy Spears, Facilitator
Nebraska Wesleyan University
Learn more about this ASPA by listening to the following audio podcast:
Register or login to your account on this site to add this group to your SMTE profile.
- Conduct ongoing content analysis of music teacher education curricula.
- Encourage scholarship that examines past curricular research & recommendations in order to identify structures for change.
- Encourage scholarship that investigates curricular practices & models based on evidence-based research that promotes relevant music experiences for all.
- Critical Examination of the Curriculum ASPA note, September 12, 2009
- Critical Examination of the Curriculum ASPA note, March 31, 2012
- “Tipping Over: Selected Literature on Music Teacher Education Redesign, v. 2.” by Peter R. Webster & Mark Campbell